- Jan 12, 2019 Meet on Data and Social Justice (Podcast / Reading) on 12th Jan 2019 11:00:am
Location: Brooklyn Central Library – Infocommons Room 5 To read ahead: “Odd Numbers” http://reallifemag.com/odd-numbers/ To listen to ahead: https://www.sciencefriday.com/segments/the-algorithms-around-us/ To Watch Together: The Moderators https://vimeo.com/239108604
- CANCELLED – CoLET Meetup: Maintenance/ Sustainability – CANCELLED on 24th Nov 2018 11:00:am
Location: Brooklyn Public Library – Infocommons Room 2 To Read Ahead: “Resource Scarcity and Socially Just Internet Access over Time and Space” http://acmlimits.org/2017/papers/limits17-pargman.pdf We Will Watch Together: The Moderators https://vimeo.com/239108604
- CoLET Meetup: Surveillance/Death/Power on 20th Oct 2018 11:00:am
Brooklyn Central Library – Infocommons Room 6 To Read Ahead: In the Wake Christina Sharpe (Chapter 1) https://www.dukeupress.edu/Assets/PubMaterials/978-0-8223-6294-4_601.pdf To Watch Together: “How We Became Machine Readable” Mimi Onuoha – https://vimeo.com/233011125
- Test self-service link on 19th Jul 2018 8:41:am
What does it look like?
- June 2018: Overgrowth and the Digital Commons on 23rd Jun 2018 2:00:pm
June’s theme is overgrowth and our readings are: Overgrowth of the Digital Economy (and what to do about it) by Emaline Friedman “WHY IS ANYONE LISTENING TO TIM O’REILLY?” by Molly Sauter
- Screens Off: A CoLET Dinner Discussion on Building Intimacy and Care in Radical Orgs on 26th Apr 2018 6:00:pm
Let’s come together once again to talk about our labors, our visions, and how we build cultures of trust and care in our organizations, coalitions and communities. Come prepared to share what has worked for you as well as what still baffles you. We ask that you also come ready to listen and learn. RSVP...
- Born In Flames Screening on 17th Mar 2018 2:00:pm
According to Wikipedia, Born in Flames is a 1983 documentary-style feminist science fiction film by Lizzie Borden that explores racism, classism, sexism and heterosexism in an alternative United States socialist democracy.
- February 2018 CoLET Meet – On Race, Gender, Capitalism, and “Biopower” on 17th Feb 2018 2:00:pm
Readings: “Degrowth? How About Some Dealienation?” – Terisa Turner, Leigh Brownhill, and Wahu Kaara (article) Maria Mies, Silvia Federici, and Biopower (article) Technology & Ethos Vol. 2 Book of Life by Imamu Amiri Baraka (LeRoi Jones)
- January 2018 – Sending Up Signals, Sowing Seeds: A Community Dinner Discussion on Ecology, Technology, and The Solidarity Economy on 18th Jan 2018 6:00:pm
We radicals are at an inflection point. While the elites and their politicians peddle mass displacement, disempowerment, detention, and planetary destruction, communities from Brooklyn to Barcelona are also rising up to take back power and bring our economies and politics back to a human scale, within the delicate bounds of our planet. At this event,...
- December 2017 Meetup: Reimagining Economics on 16th Dec 2017 2:00:pm
December’s theme will be reimagining economics. What sort of economic models can we embrace and support as radical eco-technologists? We will be meeting on Saturday,December 16th 2017, from 2-4 at the Crown Heights Library (560 New York Ave) and discussing: Manifesto for An Accelerationist Politics – Nick Srnicek Economic Opportunities for Our Grandchildren – John...
- November 2017 Meetup on 18th Nov 2017 2:00:pm
November’s theme will be the commons. We are trying to think about how to encourage/enshrine contribution to commons as a value. We will be meeting on Saturday,November 18th 2017, from 2-4 at the Crown Heights Library (560 New York Ave) and discussing two texts: The full text of the GNU Public License Towards an Open Cooperativism...
- CoLET Meetup October 2017 on Conflict and Accountability on 14th Oct 2017 2:00:pm
Invite to October 2017 CoLET Meetup
- CoLET Meetup – September on 16th Sep 2017 2:00:pm
The Collective for Liberation, Ecology, and Technology (CoLET) is a small, Brooklyn-based, community-centered, radical feminist anti-capitalist collective. We want to work to maintain, develop, extend, and promote tools and documentation for likeminded groups to communicate and organize. This meetup we will be discussing “Towards A Liberatory Technology” by Murray Bookchin for the first hour and...
- CoLET Meetup – August on 5th Aug 2017 2:00:pm
The Collective for Liberation, Ecology, and Technology (CoLET) is a small, Brooklyn-based, community-centered, radical feminist anti-capitalist collective. We want to work to maintain, develop, extend, and promote tools and documentation for likeminded groups to communicate and organize. Won't you join us? We are setting up this meetup to connect with friends who have expressed interest...
- First Meeting May 2017 on 19th May 2017 12:00:pm
First meeting to brainstorm and explore vision.
Back to Upcoming Events